Sunday, September 25, 2011

Move

I'm excited about this week's song!  After several weeks of very serious songs, dramatic and moving, this one is just a lot of fun.  This week was emotionally a tough week for me...still dealing with homesickness.  One morning, this song came on the radio and got me ready for a new day.  This is a fantastic "wake up in the morning" song, it will get you excited for a new day despite your ongoing challenges. And to top it off, the video includes an appearance by one of my favorite British actor/comedians....Mr. Bean!  The song is called "Move" by MercyMe.
So my main reason for choosing this song is that I just want to put you in a great mood today.  This song is a great reminder to not get "bogged down" by our situation, to not dwell on unfortunate circumstance...."there's gonna be brighter days."  That is a promise our Lord has given us.  There are seasons in life that may feel like we are in darkness, and we need the Lord to light the way, to bring us out of our darkness.

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
Psalm 119:105

I'm not about to give up, because I heard you say
There's gonna be brighter days, there's gonna be brighter days
I won't stop, I'll keep my head up, no I'm not here to stay
There's gonna be brighter days, there's gonna be brighter days

I just might bend but I won't break, as long as I can see your face
When life won't play along, and right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way, I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down, I'll keep dancing anyway

So I hope this song lifts you up today, and if you are experiencing any darkness, I hope this song pulls you out of it and makes you dance.  Just remember, life's challenges may bend you, but they won't break you if you have God to light the way.

Have a joyous, Spirit filled week.

No comments:

Post a Comment