Sunday, October 2, 2011

Glorious Day

This week's song takes us back to the story of the Gospel.  I don't know about you, but I've been finding myself focused on God's love for me, His compassion, His plans, etc., but not reflecting as much on Jesus, the gift he gave us all, and the fact that without him, I wouldn't really know my God.  So this week's song is the story of Jesus...who he was, how he was, what he did, and what was done to him.  It's a song called "Glorious Day" by Casting Crowns.  This band is very likely my favorite Christian Band.  I just love the harmonies that they create in their songs, but also there are some serious messages in their music.  I'm really quite shocked that this is my first Casting Crowns song on the blog.   There are definitely more to come....likely soon.

Sometimes as Christians we may forget how blessed we are to have full access to God, we can talk directly to Him...and this is only because of the life, teachings, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ that we are able to do so.  This is the Good News!  By believing in Him we are promised life with God forever....without deserving it at all.  Our sins are forgiven, no matter how bad they are. Therefore, there is nothing that stands between us and our Lord, the debt has been paid.

So for all of us who have truly accepted Jesus Christ in our hearts, we can look forward to reuiniting with him again...in our death from this life on earth, when Jesus returns to Earth, or perhaps some combination of the two.  I don't know when or how that will be, but I have faith that someday it will be, and until then we can work to enable God's "kingdom" to come, His "will to be done," here on "earth as it is in heaven." 

Living He loved me, dying He saved me
Buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified, freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day

So may you remember how Jesus changed the world and changed your life.  Remember His life, what He taught us, and His purpose.  Be filled with joy in this knowledge and let that joy pour out of you into this world, his creation.  I hope to see you on that "Glorious Day."

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment