Sunday, November 6, 2011

Allelujah

This week's song is from a relatively new band called "The Museum".  I've heard that the inspiration for the song "Allelujah" came from a trip to the UK, specifically Wales.  Wales, the UK, and Europe in general are becoming increasingly known for dwindling numbers of Christians.  These lands have many beautiful churches, much Christian history, but fewer and fewer believers.  Apparently, the band experienced this in their tour of the UK and was reminded by one of the Pastors they met that this could happen in America as well.  So this song is about revival, returning to the Lord that we can depend on for hope in this troubled world, and how we can look forward to being with our brothers and sisters in the safety of God's Kingdom.

I thought it might be a treat to watch the band perform this one...they performed in the KLOVE studio a while back and thankfully KLOVE shared the footage on Youtube. Seeing the men actually perform the song helps you get to know them a little bit I think, and gives the song extra meaning.  Since there are no lyrics in the video, I've included them below.

Verse 1:
When hardship comes to prey on hopes
And troubles seem to linger on
When death rolls on taking ones we love
You are the hope that keeps us on

Chorus:
Allelujah, Thine the glory
Allelujah, Amen!
Allelujah, Thine the glory
Revive us again!

Verse 2:
When all else seems the battles lost
And such disease is spreading on
When life grows dark and our lips are parched
You are the hope that we sing of


Verse 3:
When death is past and sins are gone
Alas forgiveness here is won
All daughters and sons, we will stand as one
We're safe at last in the Father's love
We're safe at last in the Father's love


I guess I chose this song because I can relate to the band in what they experienced when visiting the UK. You do feel like a minority if you are a practicing Christian here. I felt like that a bit in the States, but at least there I had friends from church that I saw frequently in the community (at the kids' school, at the Y, etc). 

The idea of reviving the church is so special to me, though I don't have all the answers on how to make it happen.  I have close friends and family who aren't practicing Christians and I wish so much that I could share my faith with them and have spiritual fellowship with them.  There is a special relationship that can result in being a brother or sister in Christ, especially if you share your faith journey and struggles with each other.  And because of that I am very moved by the end of this song..."All daughters and sons, we will stand as one, We're safe at last in the Father's love."  Won't that be a wonderful day?  It's such a comforting image for me to be with my brothers and sisters in the presence of the Lord....though I must remind myself that I can have that here on this earth.

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.
Matthew 18:20

I hope you enjoyed this song and I pray that it gives you hope and inspiration to revive yourself or others around you.  May you be blessed with many brothers and sisters in Christ along your journey.
God bless you, and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment