Sunday, January 1, 2012

You Love Me Anyway

With the arrival of another New Year, I am drawn to think of the past year, the great things that happened, the challenges, my failures, what I want to change for next year.  So with all this reflection, some of which is a bit sad, I am so uplifted in knowing that despite my failures, I am starting the new year with the love of Jesus Christ.  And what's even more uplifting is that I know I have started every year with His love, even when I didn't know it, and I will have His love every year, and every day to come.  Despite all my mistakes, there is nothing I can do to make God love me less.  He has shown me this, proved this to me through the sacrifice of His Son. 

And so this week's song is by Sidewalk Prophets, and it's called "You Love Me Anyway." Watch, reflect, and enjoy....

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.  Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 
Romans 5:6-8

May you realize that in this new year, God loves you and wants your heart, just as you are.  He always has and always will.  We can all work to improve ourselves as disciples, as people, to be more like God's son, but it is not to earn God's love....He already gave us that long ago.

God bless you in 2012!  As an extra treat, here's the official video of "You Love Me Anyway" performed by the Sidewalk prophets.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment